Me and My Boys

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

We view trials and temptations as opportunities for growth.

     As Christians, this is how we treat trials and temptations when we operate in The Holy Spirit, as opportunities to grow.  When you're "up against it" going through drama, how are you going to handle it?  Are you going to panic, worry, burn with anger, bow down or worse?  Or are you going to pick yourself up, stand firm and carry yourself with dignity and honor that will transcend anything you're going through?

     I tell you, I go through drama like every one else.  I shared a little bit of what I go through in my marriage, with a classmate of mine.  After I told him some of the things my wife was doing, he was silent and looked a bit disturbed, maybe even sad.  I felt a little bad for sharing it with him because he seemed "affected" by what I said.  Now I tell you, I could easily be distraught, angry, livid, or any number of emotions, over some of the "relationship-ending" things my wife does, but I'm not.  It's not easy, but I rise above these things through my love for Jesus Christ.  The hurtful things my wife do, will not steal away my joy and happiness and peace that the Grace of God has given me.  I won't allow it.  I won't give in to the negative things of this world and be pulled down into the pit of misery that so many people find themselves in.  I was there before and I'm not going back.  Instead, I've gained patience, understanding, and the ability to forgive.  I will be judged according to my works so I know it is important to be able to forgive others for their trespasses against me.

    I move forward.  I truly love my wife and I love my friends, new and old, I love my Christian brothers and sisters and I love Jesus Christ.  Because of this, I can't be stopped.  I can't fail because God is with me and since God is with me, WHO can be against me?

No comments:

Post a Comment