Me and My Boys

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Garyology 101 pt. 2

     I write this one for the benefit of my inner circle and those who may be around me often.  I recently heard someone say that I don't believe in myself enough or I don't have enough confidence in myself or the things that I have a hand in.  I understand their point of view and most times I adamantly exclaim that, "I know myself pretty well and if I seem surprised by my performance, it's not an act".

     What people don't understand or know about me is that at one time I was extremely egotistical.  My ego was bigger than Texas.  I was on top of Hip Hop in Reno and was the BEST DJ in Reno and quite possibly the West Coast.  I thought very highly of myself and basically no one could tell me $#!+.  I was that good.  Through my self-centeredness and inflated ego, I lost sight of who I was and, long story short, I lost everything, family, friends, fame, passion.

     I'll be damned if that happens again.  I would rather sit in the shadows and wait for my opportunity to shine than to put myself "out there" right now and risk losing control of myself.

     For those of you out there that are just getting to know Mr. Mason, believe this, I will continue to succeed!  I will excel in my chosen field or in any field I go into.  I will maintain humility(as unpopular as that may be) and be a person of good moral character to all.  I will put others before myself and together we shall all prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment