Me and My Boys

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I don't get high anymore, but it's okay if you do, just not around me!

     So, I was standing at the bus stop last night, after my substance abuse class, with some people from the class, when one of them....wait for it....lights up a blunt(marijauna).  I mean, we just got out of a class that was about "how to maintain sobriety from drugs" and these two geniuses fire up some trees not even five minutes afterward.  Man, I slapped the blunt out of that dudes lips so hard that his head permanently points east.

     Seriously though, it was disrespectful and inconsiderate of them to do that.  They could've cared less about anyone other than themselves.  I tell you self-centeredness is at the root of most sin.  When you operate within yourself, when everything you do is for you first, when all you see is what's going on with you, then you cannot operate out of love for others.

     It's situations like these that threaten my sobriety.  I wasn't tempted in the slightest to get high but I don't appreciate people doing whatever they feel like around me.  To me, it's like them saying, "f*ck you and what you're going through, I'm going to do what I want to do no matter who's around!"  It's like a challenge or a dare, like they want to see what I'm going to do or if I'm going to do something.  I'm tellin' you, some people should be grateful I love Jesus Christ because that's the only thing keeping them from personal injury.

     I go through situations like that all the time.  Fortunately I'm stronger and focused on my program than I was before.  If it was a few months ago and it was beer they were passing around I might not have resisted.  If you're working a program and are confronted by drug use, just walk away, talk to Jesus and thank Him for all He's done.

P.S.....On a side note, I really don't care what you do with your life on your own time, but if you're in my presence THINK TWICE about the things you do or say because, though I appear calm and gentle, I don't have a problem correcting you by whatever means necessary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment