Me and My Boys

Monday, June 20, 2011

Real Talk

     I tell you, I really enjoy conversing with people that have something to say.  It is few and far between, the conversations that I can recall that were intelligent and thoughtful.  This is why my circle is small and my words are chosen carefully.  I don't just entertain "everyone" and though I am compassionate, I don't really care to hear b.s.

     Tonight I had the pleasure and honor to hear a woman named Rebecca speak for about forty-five minutes about herself and some of the things she had gone through in life.  She was transparent, sincere, articulate and honest which was refreshing.  Her conversation reminded me of something I long for dearly and that is intelligent conversation.  I am grateful to have been in her presence and able to hear what she had to say.  I even thanked her for her transparency, sincerity, and honesty and told her that she had inspired me to share the experience with others which I'm doing now.

     Anyways, you may have read here, many times, that words are powerful and that thought should be given before speaking.  I encourage you be thoughtful of your words and use them to uplift others.  Be a blessing to somebody, it could be you!

No comments:

Post a Comment