Me and My Boys

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Character builders/Relationship testers

      I recently had a revelation concerning relationships, mine in particular, while I was having a conversation with a friend.  We were talking about honesty and how it pertains to relationships and I commented that "as far as relationships are concerned, honesty and love are only required on my part". I went on to say that "I can't make my significant other be honest or love me and those qualities don't affect how I love that person".  In essence, I can express unconditional love when I don't hinder myself with other peoples traits, good or bad.  That may be a radical way to look at relationships but I tell you I haven't found any other way that doesn't include stress.

     Anyone that's been in a relationship for any amount of time knows that they can be stressful.  We all have wants and needs and we all carry around some kind of baggage.  Trying to get all the pieces of the puzzle together can be frustrating.  Lord knows I've pounded my head against the brick wall many times in frustration from the things people do.  Quite honestly, it's amazing I haven't killed myself or anybody else because of the stress of relationships.

     Anyways, I had a revelation that my significant other's lack of integrity and inability to tell the truth isn't a test of her character but rather it's a test of mine.  Ya, let that sink in for a minute.  What I'm going through with her is strengthening my character by testing my patience and tolerance and ability to forgive those that trespass against me.  Not only that, but when I look at the way she carries herself I see my own imperfections.  That's big.  I can't rightfully judge her or anybody else without first looking at myself.  Man, when you do that, it gives you a whole different perspective from which to go by.  Wooo, I'm on fire right now.  I mean, I can't easily chastise anyone when I first look at all the things that I've done over the years.

      It's by God's Grace that I am able to walk in The Anointing of The Holy Spirit and overcome these things that come against me.  If I had to deal with other peoples shortcomings and offenses against me in my natural self, I guarantee there would be a negative outcome.  There's no way I could tolerate anybody lying to my face and insulting my intelligence and disrespecting my manhood.  If I was operating in my own power, I would be fresh off of somebody's butt daily!  Thank you Father for showing me another way to live.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment