Me and My Boys

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pleasant surprise

The incredible Tina Estes
     Last evening I operated a DSR-250 camera for Collins College at the George Washington Carver museum.  The event was a fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis held by their local chapter.  I volunteered for this weeks ago but I wasn't sure I was going to make it as I utilize public transportation and it's not reliable.

unknown artist
     Anyways,  I'm glad I made it because it turned out to be an excellent event and the icing on the cake was, it was a Christian event.  All of the artist that performed were Christian including two R&B singers and two rappers and a poet.  They all were professionally talented but I was captivated by one in particular.  Her name is Tina Estes and when I first saw her rehearsing I instantly thought of Alicia Keyes.  She resembles her, beautiful, light complexion, long lustrous hair and plays piano, among other instruments, and has a silky, gentle yet powerful voice.  I captured her on my own personal camera so I would always have a performance by her.

unknown poet(the brotha had fire)
     She was amazing and the evening overall was amazing.  There were quite a few "Halle Berry" type women in attendance which made it that much better.  I can't say enough about being in a room full of successful, beautiful black women.  I would have kicked myself in the butt if I would've missed this event considering every thing that was going on there. 

     Most important was the fact that I gained valuable experience behind the camera and was able to work with a crew.  That was the purpose of my volunteering and God blessed the work of my hands.  Thank you Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment