Me and My Boys

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Why is "crass" behavior tolerated?

my "upset" look!
     I have finals this week and the final in my Digital Pre-production class was disappointing.  First, I had to watch a short film produced by my instructor entitled Rude Awakening.  I don't believe I can fairly critique the piece as I found the material offensive and shocking.  The story basically was about a woman in an abusive relationship with her husband.  In one scene he rapes her and quite honestly I don't enjoy watching these types of films.

     After watching the film I felt sick to my stomach.  I still feel a bit upset now, and it's been a few hours since I've seen it.  Watching that film caused me to ponder the direction our society has gone as far as profanity, sexuality and tolerance of poor behavior.  Everyday, twenty-four hours a day, we are bombarded by graphic images on television, movies, and internet, in music videos, and video games of violence, sex and all kinds a depravity.  I swear the "F" word has become as socially acceptable as saying "hello" to your pastor.  It's ridiculous.  I'm very happy and proud that I'm not de-sensitized to crude and foul behavior.  What you do in private is your business.  What you do around me is another issue.  I can tolerate a lot of b.s. and I have for quite some time, but I feel myself changing as more people around me think they can say whatever they want to say and "think" I'm cool with it.

     I'm tellin you, a lot of people should be thankful that I've chosen to follow Jesus Christ and I don't operate by my flesh anymore because that's the only thing saving them from an ass whooping of the likes they have never seen before.  I'm probably wrong for saying that but unfortunately that's how I feel and it is a direct result of the things I was subjected to earlier today.

1 comment:

  1. Piaget, Chopard and Zenith had set up benches with one of their master swiss replica watches watchmakers working on one or more trademark movements of the manufactures, while Jaeger-LeCoultre hosted a public workshop replica watches sale with participation fees going to a charity organization. My first stop was at Chopard where I saw their watchmaker trying breathe new life into what appeared to be a very intricate movement. The piece turned out to be the L.U.C. 1.96 QP, which is an in-house made, modular, perpetual calendar movement. Modular means that there is a completely functional base movement with the basic replica watches sale functions of hours, minutes, seconds and maybe a simple day of the week. Then, there is a module (seen on the image above) which is replica watches much like a special extension for the base movement. It contains one or more complications and cheap replica watches is installed on top - or under - the base movement.

    ReplyDelete