Me and My Boys

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Who do you give power to?

     I feel great today.  Thank you Father for this day.  I love all of you out there.  I hope I can be a blessing to someone today.

     Anyways, part of the reason I'm feeling great is due to the power of "kind" words directed toward me by a person of relevance in my life.  I guess, in essence, I've given this person a certain amount of power over my emotions as I respect her opinion and I view her as competent and intelligent.  I believe it's important that I clarify my thoughts about her because I deal with a lot of people daily and I don't feel that way toward everyone.  I don't judge people.  I also don't give everyone I meet power over me.  That's not a personal attack toward others but rather an intelligent and thoughtful way of strengthening myself by not allowing just anyone a measure of power over me.  In the past I use to be affected by the things people would do or say because I was allowing them a bit of power or control over me.  I had to quit doing that because I was on the verge of removing peoples heads from their shoulders.  I use to get "heated" quickly though I would keep it to myself and quietly seethe and loathe and plan the demise of those who trespassed against me.

     Fast forward to today and by the grace of God, counseling, kind words and a renewal in the belief that there are good people out there, I've made excellent progress toward gentleness and patience.  I'm able to tolerate others shortcomings without sacrifice to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment