Me and My Boys

Friday, May 6, 2011

Monthly Court Blues

     Man, I made it through another day in court, and I didn't receive any jail sanctions, only two community service sanctions because I quit giving u.a.'s(urinary analysis) for alcohol.  I'm thankful that's all I received as punishment.  The judge was considering putting a device on my ankle to record any alcohol intake which would cost $70 a week.  The reason I quit taking the u.a.'s in the first place was because I didn't have the five dollars per test fee which came out to fifteen dollars a week.  Now if I couldn't come up with fifteen per week, how does the judge think I will be able to afford a $65 dollar increase per week?  The answer to that question is this, it's not his concern.

     I've been on probation since 2008 and it expires in 2011.  As I've stated in earlier posts, I have multiple requirements like classes, fees, meetings, community service, all of which must be met to successfully get through probation.  Not meeting any of those requirements can result in a sanction from community service to jail to probation revocation and prison time.

     I'm doing well on probation.  I've maintained sobriety from drugs longer than anytime I ever have previously during a twenty three year addiction.  That's a blessing.  The way I look at it is like this, the Lord brought about a means for me to be able to get past my temptation(drugs).  I don't necessarily agree with the way it was done but I am very thankful I've been given an opportunity to live a life the way Jesus suggests.  Not to get off of the original subject but I was thinking, again, about why it is so difficult for people to follow Jesus Christ.  I have found nothing in The Bible that is damaging or harmful.  Just the opposite.  The Bible offers solutions to the things that are harmful and damaging.

     Anyways,  I've been blessed again and I will continue to look for ways to improve myself and help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment