Me and My Boys

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Revelations



     I’ve had some revelations this morning.  One of them was, I’ve been having quite a few revelations as of late.  What’s been happening is, I’ve been able to recognize when God is talking to me.  I’m certain He has always been talking to me but I wasn’t always hearing Him.  I know when I was operating in my own power I wasn’t hearing squat.  I didn’t want to hear squat because hearing what God had to say at that time was contrary to how I wanted to live my life.  I could compare it to a rebellious teenager trying to find his own way in life and not wanting to listen to a parent’s guidance.  That’s the way I felt when it came to doing the things my flesh wanted to do.  I knew in my heart that the things my flesh indulged in were wrong i.e. adultery, fornication, drug use, gambling, cursing, violence and more, but I wanted to do those things so I ignored the gentle tugging of my heart and continued to do all of those things and then some.

      I’ve repented from those sins, thankfully, and now I’m able to move forward.  Not only that, God is so awesome He is able to use those things that I had done in my past as a way to reveal Himself  (through a ministry from me) to others, who may be going through similar trials as I was.  Romans 8:28 says, “All things work for the good, for those who love The Lord and are called according to His purpose!”

     This brings me to my second revelation this morning, which was, God uses a lot of people, with many ministries, to  reach the masses.  It’s awesome.  I was watching Dr. Charles Stanley, and he was ministering to an older crowd, then I was watching Dr. Creflo Dollar and he was ministering to a mainly African-American crowd, Joyce Meyer was ministering to a largely feminine crowd and it all showed me that God uses many people to promote His kingdom.

     He has called me to minister to those who are struggling with addictions and the Good News is, I heard Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment