Me and My Boys

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

In The Addict issue #5 vol 2. Persistence

     My sobriety from twenty three years of substance abuse is an ongoing process.  I'm not writing this as a message to others as much as it is a reminder to me.  I have to be careful not to fall into the trap of complacency because a relapse is always possible, especially if life is going smoothly.

     First, I give all praise and thanks to The Father and The Son Jesus Christ for everything I have been given including my sobriety.  I couldn't achieve or maintain sobriety without the intervention of Jesus Christ in my life.  It's that simple.  I tried to get sober on my own, many times, and it never worked.

     Today, I am very blessed.  I don't struggle with addiction, and recovery is wonderful.  My life is great.  I don't want for anything and I'm thankful for everything.  Thank you Father.  I encourage my brothers and sisters who may be struggling in any aspect of their lives to consider giving God a chance to work.  I know at one point in my life, recently, I didn't think I was going to be able to give up drugs.  I was deep in addiction, up to $300 dollars a day in cocaine.  I couldn't control anything let alone myself.  Life for me was pathetic.  It was sad.  I was close to giving up on everything but thankfully The Father had other plans for me.  This letter to you is part of His plan.  I'm to give encouragement to others who are going through similar situations.  I'm to share with others how God works in my life and how He brought me through some extremely difficult trials.  I tell you, you don't have anything to lose and new life to gain.

                                     www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpFRXztF7Ho

No comments:

Post a Comment