Me and My Boys

Monday, May 2, 2011

Osama Bin Laden is dead! So what does it mean to YOU?

    "As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live…" (Ezekiel 33:11)

     What does Osama's death mean to me?  Nothing.  Not a thing.  Why should it?  I know very little, factual, information about this man.  How can I applaud or mourn the loss of someone I don't know anything about?

     I can already hear the moaning and groaning out there about this issue and I guarantee there is going to be some backlash over my controversial opinion on the matter.  Whoop dee doo!  It is unfortunate that so many people don't have a clue as to who Osama is or, the bigger picture, the machinations of The United States of America.  Heck, I'm one of those people.  However, I'm intelligent enough to know I don't know much.  There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people who know less than I do, yet that doesn't stop them from showing their gross ignorance.  I digress.

     I'm only going to touch on a few things I've heard this morning and last night regarding Osama's death.  First, Osama has been heralded as the mastermind behind the terror attacks on The United States on September 11th, 2001.  I'm going to step out on a limb here and tell you that the masterminds behind 911 are still walking this earth and their skin color is not brown.  Shocker, I know.  Calm down, it's not the end of the world, yet.  As I write this, people are cheering and patting each others backs on a job well done over the death of Osama, yet American soldiers are still engaged in war against terrorism all over the globe in the name of FREEDOM.  Really?  You mean to tell me someone is using weapons to kill other people so I can have rights in The United States?  I didn't realize there was a threat, OUTSIDE of The U.S., to my rights.  Imagine that.  I can picture a bunch of Muslims sitting around a large table having a meeting talking about, "those sick and demented Americans.  We're going to put an end to their gay marriages, abortions and Jerry Springer!"

     Let me tell you something.  If American soldiers are killing others and dying in the line of duty so I can marry another man, then they might as well come back to the States, because that and every other American right they are fighting for is bull$#!t.  I fear NO THREAT FROM ANY MAN and not because I'm some kind of baddass, but because I love The Lord Jesus Christ and through him I have no fear.  That being said, what other people do, in any country, that may pose a threat to my well being, is not a concern for me.  I pray for those people and hope they can find peace within themselves.

     Now if you want to know where a legitimate threat lies at to your rights and freedom, you don't have to look any further than the United States.  Everyday in the United States, we are bombarded with messages and images that promote "group thinking" and "irrational paranoia".  There are more than a few Americans that believe what they see on television and what they read in print as gospel truth.  More than a few Americans are "lazy" when it comes to actually investigating information and researching issues that come before them.  I'm guilty of this, this is why am able to say it, because it really isn't a secret.  Americans are ignorant to a lot of truths and reality.  Knowing this fact is not an insult, but actually an empowerment tool and a challenge to those who think otherwise.  Stop and think for a moment on the actual implications of the terrorist attacks on 911.  It is so complex that it can be interpreted in an infinite amount of ways.

     So how does the average American dissect the plethora of information out there?  They don't.  They accept what they are told by "competent sounding people" and then wait for further instructions.  That's sad.  When you don't challenge or investigate what you've learned or been told, you cheat yourself out of your right to know what is actually occurring.  A lot of issues that are coming in front of Americans are so complex, most Americans would rather be told what to think than to actually think for themselves.  This reaction is planned.  Make something really hard to understand and the masses will look for easy solutions.  One of those solutions was to declare war and tell Americans their freedom is in jeopardy.  I have yet to meet a fellow American who could tell me exactly why our troops are in Afghanistan fighting.  The most common answer I get is, "they're over there to find the people responsible for 911".  I've also been told, "they're fighting for our freedom" and that "freedom isn't free!"

     I could go on and on but I will sum it up like this.  Osama's death has no meaning to me other than he's another human who had died yesterday.  There were hundreds of thousands of people who died yesterday and I'm betting more than ten of them have more significance to me than Osama does!

No comments:

Post a Comment