Me and My Boys

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Don't forget where you came from!

     Creflo Dollar was on fire this morning.  Man, hearing him speak gave me inspiration and fed my soul strength and positivity.  I left the house this morning with "pep" and a resignation and desire to be positive and happy.  The power of words is infinite.

     Anyways, Cref was in the book of Deuteronomy chapter 8.  Some of my highlights from that chapter are: "real life comes by feeding on every word of the Lord", and "When you have eaten your fill, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you.  Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the Lord your God and disobey his commands, regulations and laws.  For when you have become full and prosperous and have built fine homes to live in, and when your flocks and herds have become very large and your silver and gold have multiplied along with everything else, that is the time to be careful.  Do not become proud at that time and forget the Lord your God, who rescued you from slavery(addiction for me) in the land of Egypt.  Do not forget he led you through the great and terrifying wilderness(every day life) with poisonous snakes and scorpions(things that can kill you), where it was hot and dry!"  Man that's hot!!

     At one point in my life I was financially successful, had my own business, house, car, lovely wife and 2.5 kids.  I had lots of friends and I was at the top of my peers when it came to dj's in Reno and I might dare say the West Coast. Anyways, I took credit for all that I had, giving no thanks to The Father and The Son Jesus Christ for anything.  I "thought" I did all of that.  I thought I was the one who brought me to that point but I soon found out that I didn't do anything.  I couldn't even hold on to any of it.  Because of my arrogance and short-sightedness, I lost all of that.  I spiraled downward and went to a dark place of self-pity, resentment, anger, addiction and general negativity.  Thankfully God had different plans for me.  I love you Father!

     Anyways, take a look at where you're at and think about how you got there.  Give thanks and credit where it is due!

No comments:

Post a Comment