Me and My Boys

Monday, May 23, 2011

Finals this week!

     Man, I've got finals this week.  I'm a bit stressed, not too much though.  I'm good at written tests, but hands-on demonstrations are a different story.  That's what I've got to do for my Field Production I class.  I've got to set up a Sony DSR250 camera on a tripod properly with microphone attached.  Then, a tech is going to "mess" with all of the settings and I have to put them back in order so the camera can function.  That may not sound like a big deal but for me it is.  For one, I have less than an hour of experience behind this camera.  I really don't know the camera at all.  We have to pass this part of the test in order to be able to check the camera's out for projects and if you can't tell, I don't have a lot of confidence in my skills right now.

     Anyways, I have finals in Math098(Basic college math) and Digital Pre-Production.  I feel good about Pre-production because I've already been successful in that class. Math however is questionable.  The title may be "basic" math, but there ain't nuthin' basic about it for me.  I graduated high school back in '87 so I haven't seen nor used math for quite awhile.  It ain't like ridin' a bike where you never forget.  I don't remember there being letters of the alphabet in math.  They're asking me questions like solve for x and I'm like this, if you don't know what x is, well then neither do I.  How am I supposed to solve for x when you haven't given me enough information?  And why do you want this information anyways?  My instructor told me that if I'm able to solve these problems I can apply the logic of problem solving to any problem I may come across.  Ya, I'm gonna try that the next time my wife and I have a disagreement.  If she doesn't agree with me then the solution maybe that she is the "x" (lol).
      This just in:  I aced the written part of the test and passed the certification part of it.  Thank you Jesus!  With Him, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!

1 comment: