Me and My Boys

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Community Service

     This morning(5a.m.) I went to Encanto Park to do five hours of community service by picking up trash that was left behind by park users the day previous.  That in itself is not a big deal, however I am quite amazed and dismayed at how people would leave so much trash behind.  It's like they have a party and then decide it's time to go home and they just get in their cars and go about their business leaving everything disposable at the site like they know someone is going to clean up behind them.  I mean, the nerve of some people.

     All that trash left behind made me wonder what the people who left it there, what their houses looked like.  I'm betting as filthy as how they left the park.  I mean who leaves their trash around with no concern for others?  What type of person thinks they can leave their trash behind for others to see?  I'll tell you what type of person.  A trashy one.  If you can't pick up after yourself, no wait.  If you can't carry yourself in such a manner that you don't make a mess, then in my opinion you're a piece of $#!+.  I'm talking about grown folks who should know better than to leave trash everywhere they go.  I swear that's some of the laziest behavior I've ever seen.  There are no less than a hundred trash cans all over the park yet these people can't or won't put their trash in them.

     The sad part is, this is a daily occurrence on a wide scale.  I just can't understand it.  I was raised to clean up after myself but more importantly to be an orderly person.  You can gain insight into a persons life by how they carry themselves.  If your home is not in order then your life is probably not in order.  If you can leave trash anywhere and everywhere you go, you don't care about anyone, not even yourself.  That's pretty sad.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment