Me and My Boys

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day!

     Happy Mothers Day to all mothers around the world.  Today is a day of honor for mothers, yet everyday should be a day to honor mothers.  I love my momma and I'm proud to say I'm a "momma's" boy.  I don't know many men who aren't.  As men, our exteriors may portray rough and rugged, but our hearts will always belong to our mothers.  I've seen some of the biggest, hardest men soften up when their mothers are brought into a conversation.  I've witnessed more fights than I can remember over someone saying something negative about somebody's momma.  Shoot, I've even been the one to crack a head or two because of what someone said about my mother.  DO NOT speak negatively about a man's mother unless you intentionally want to shorten your life span.

     That being said, I love my mother more today than I ever have in my life.  There is no woman comparable to my mother.  She is the one woman in my life that has always been there for me, through thick and thin, good and bad.  She knows everything about me and still loves me unconditionally.  I've been in many relationships with women, married twice, and with the exception of my current wife, my mother is the only woman who continues to love me regardless of any faults I may have.

     I could go on and on about my mother.  She still cooks an incredible Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter turkey dinner that no one can duplicate.  She's as sharp, intellectually, today as she was forty years ago, if not more so.  She knows more about the San Francisco Giants than I'll ever know and she's an excellent grandmother.  Have a Happy Mothers Day Mom!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment