Me and My Boys

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Choices We Make

Gary Orlando Mason
     John 8:47- 47 He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

     That is some hot scripture.  When I read it yesterday I knew I was going to expound on it.  Right after I read it I understood why a lot of people aren't Christians, why they don't like Christians and why they won't follow Jesus Christ.

     Loving Jesus and following and obeying His Word have been the most life-giving, rewarding actions I could ever do.  It wasn't easy to do at first because I didn't want to surrender my life and the way I was living it, over to Him.  I didn't know him and I didn't trust him.  I also thought I could bring happiness to myself through my own actions.  But I found out that I could do nothing worthwhile for myself.  Not only that, but I couldn't do anything for anyone else either.  I was living a miserable existence as I tried to find happiness in drugs and women and false friends and money and material items.  Woe to me, my life as I knew it was slowly but surely coming to an end.


     As I look back I see where I was headed which was certain death with an unfulfilled, meaningless life.  People that know me, know of some of the struggles I went through such as drug addiction.  They've heard me say how I was able to overcome that bondage which was through Jesus Christ.  They hear me talk and they see my joy and happiness yet they don't want to accept that I achieved it through Jesus Christ.  Not only that, but they don't believe they can have peace, joy and success in life by giving up their life to God.  They see me moving forward in an extraordinary way, they hear me give praise consistently to God for all I have, yet they won't make the connection as to how I have success and am able to get through crisis with strength and love.


     How sad it is to hold on to misery with both hands and believe that is all there is for you.  Fear is not a part of God's plan for any of us and to live in it is to not know God.  Worrying about anything, but especially things you can't control, will not add one day to you life but will definitely subtract some.


     Come on people.  Get it together.  Realize how far you go in life without God and discover how far you can go with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment