Me and My Boys

Monday, August 22, 2011

Weathering the storm

     I had a revelation this morning about how I deal with problems as they arise and how people deal with them in general and it came to me that when you truly love and trust Jesus you're able to get through times of turmoil easier than without Him.  As a matter of fact, during some times of trouble, you won't even recognize the trouble because you are completely covered and absorbed in The Holy Spirit.  That's awesome!

     I know this may sound radical or impossible but I know it to be truth.  The more I stay in The Word of Jesus Christ, the more I surround myself with people, places and things of Jesus Christ, is the more I'm able to withstand the things that attack me that are not of Jesus Christ, namely everything of this world that doesn't line up with The Word of Jesus Christ.

     I've noticed that things that use to bother me or irritate me have little effect on me now.  I'm not moved by peoples negative words or opinions anymore.  Not even that long ago I would imagine choking the life out of people that would say or do crazy, disrespectful things around me.  Today not so much so.  I love Jesus so much that I'm in constant conversation with Him.  It's like when I see or hear something that bothers me I go straight to Him and tell Him about it.  He's my best friend, my brother, my father and when I tell him about something, He hears everything I say and He usually points out a few things that I've overlooked such as I need to quit trippin' and move on and don't let these petty things get to me.  We both laugh, shake our heads and move on.  That's awesome.

     Having Jesus there for me is the difference maker and has not only saved a lot of people from getting the sense knocked into them by me but has really saved me from hurting myself with stress and grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment