Me and My Boys

Friday, August 12, 2011

Sobriety Tip #35


Keep moving Forward

     There are always going to be setbacks, obstacles, and hurdles in life and when one is maintaining sobriety it seems like they double but it is important to recognize them for what they are and to keep moving forward.

     I recently experienced a setback as I confused the dates of a class I was supposed to attend and I missed it.  The consequences could include jail time and or a fine or more community service but that's okay.  It doesn't take away the year of sobriety I've gained and that's what is important.  The way I see it, there's always going to be something coming against me.  I actually look forward to the challenges because I KNOW I'm not going to lose.  I've got Jesus on my side and if He is for me, then who can be against me?

No comments:

Post a Comment