Me and My Boys

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sobriety tip # 813

     Change your circle of friends and acquaintances.  This may seem like a difficult task and it very likely is but it is crucial when it comes to gaining and maintaining sobriety.  You have got to change the people you surround yourself with, even if it includes family members.  In my case, I cut-off all addicts, thugs, prostitutes, pimps, liars and thieves and surrounded myself with God first, then my immediate family,(wife, kids, parents and in-laws) and college kids.  I'm not around anyone who has an inclination to use drugs and that helps my sobriety immensely.  I remember one time, one of my old homies came by my house and I relapsed that day because I wasn't strong enough to resist.  That was over two years ago.  Today I have a new group of friends and family that actually want the best for me.

     You've got to do something new if you want something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment