Me and My Boys

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sound Off

     Where are my Christian Brothers and Sisters?  Everywhere I go, I'm on the look out for Christians, in group meetings, at school, on the bus, at restaurants, at my children's sporting events and even at church.

     Let me be specific, I'm looking for Christians that are on fire and can profess their love for The Father openly.  I know it may not be easy to proclaim your love openly for anything, including The Father and The Son Jesus Christ but I know that if I can do it, and I can and do, then others are able also, and that's who I'm looking for.  I get strength from my brothers and sisters in Christ when I am able to see them rejoice and proclaim their love in The Father.  That's also why I do it, because I know when other people can see me openly confess my love, it is easier for them to do it.

     My son plays basketball in a Christian league and during half time, the director comes out and addresses the parents with current events in the league and church and then he gives some scripture after which he asks if anyone has any confessions, prayer or testimony to the good works of The Father in their lives.  For the first couple of weeks I eagerly awaited to hear other peoples stories and confessions of love, but no one came forth, so I told my wife that I wanted both of us to speak the following week in front of the gathered parents.  My wife was all for it and during that week we considered what we would say.  My wife actually wrote down a small essay type testimony talking about the things The Father had done in her life which was great, however I had to remind her that we only had five minutes between both of us so we had to use that time wisely.  I told her I was going to rely on The Father to give me the words to say and that's exactly what I did.  When half time came around, my wife and I went down to the microphone and I first thanked the coaching staff for their wonderful sacrifice of time and effort in coaching our sons and daughters and then I spoke about my hesitation of coming in front of people and publicly proclaiming my love for The Father and The Son Jesus Christ but if I am able to do this publicly, then Jesus will do this for me also.  How powerful is that, to have Jesus proclaim his love for you to The Father?  I can't think of anything more awesome than that.  That's Hot!  My wife reiterated my sentiments and we left the floor to applause.  Afterward, I told her to watch what would happen next week.  As the next week approached, I anticipated some fellow Christians to step up and give some testimony but when half time came again, no one stood up to say anything.  I was disappointed.  I waited again for the following week, but it was the same thing.  As a matter of fact, it's been a month now and still no one has stepped up.  It is sad, and disappointing, hence the reason for this post.

     I continue to publicly confess my love for The Father and I continue to look for my Christian brothers and sisters wherever I go.  I know you're out there.  Sound off, step up, let The Father know you love him and you want every one to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment