Me and My Boys

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pot said, "Who you callin' black, Kettle?

     So, I was on the bus, going home from a light day at school, when I overheard a conversation between a lady and a gentleman.  The gentleman said, "excuse me, are you from here(Arizona)?" At which the lady responded, "f%ck no, I hate it here!  The people here are rude and abrasive!"  Man, I almost fell out of my seat.  I grabbed my bible(seriously) and started "looking" at some scripture.  However, I couldn't concentrate because I was still "ear hustling" their conversation.  They both continued on about Phoenix and the people here and where they originally came from(California).  The lady said she was done with this town and it's people and the gentleman concurred and announced he was also leaving, albeit temporarily to go on tour.

     Now, it was all I could do to keep my mouth closed and not say anything.  I wanted to point out that first, she has some nerve calling people out here "rude and abrasive" when every other word coming out of her mouth was the f-bomb.  Second, I wanted to point out that, what you "put out" is what you get back.  No wonder why all the people she's encountered seemed "rude and abrasive".  Look how she carries herself.  No other civilized, decent person would even consider engaging her in a conversation.  The only people who would, are "rude and abrasive!"

     Now I'm not perfect and I'm surely not judging this woman.  As a matter of fact, I shared her same sentiments not even less than a few years ago.  I'm still not overly fond of Phoenix but I've made some significant changes in my life that have allowed me to see things in a different perspective.  See, when I surrendered myself to The Lord Jesus Christ, I attained a peace and understanding that I hadn't known before.  When I was operating in my flesh I was doing all sorts of foul things and I was around all sorts of foul people.  I was so deep into myself that I believed that ALL of Phoenix was foul.  I believed that evil dominated out here, that there were more "unclean spirits" than good people out here.  Then things changed.  I started meeting good people.  I started meeting a lot of good people.  I started seeing more of Phoenix than the corrupt, evil, drug infested city that I first came to know.  Once I made a change in myself, namely following Jesus, my environment and the perception of my environment changed.  There's still foul people out here but I don't engage them and they don't engage me.  Scripture says Satan will flee you if you resist him.  It's true.

     So, my point is this.  No matter where you are or where you go, you control your environment when it comes to being a positive or negative person.  I'll expound on this some more but right now I've got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment