Me and My Boys

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Recharged!

     Woo!  I love The Father and The Son Jesus Christ.  I pray for the Holy Spirit to not just be in me, but to come onto me and open my heart, mind, and soul to all the gifts The Father has for me.

     My family and I went to our church, The Vineyard North Phoenix, and my spirit was instantly lifted as soon as I entered the foyer.  It was like a wave of relief swept over me, like the feeling a parent might get when they've found a lost child.  I feel great and I know it is all from the Holy Spirit.

     Attending church recharges my spiritual batteries, rekindling the fire in my heart for Jesus Christ.  I know this is a necessary process because when I don't attend church for an extended period of time, I feel drained and weighted spiritually.  This Sunday was no exception, as the previous week had it's challenges.  I must say, the challenges I faced were in no way comparable to the tragedy in Japan and my prayers go out to all the people in suffering and need.

      My pastor always says something that moves my spirit and today he said, "the Bible doesn't interest non-believers or people who haven't chose to follow Christ".  I believe that same logic also applies to attending church.  When I was "lukewarm" I seldom received any blessing or revelation when I would hear The Word.  Sometimes I was bored, sometimes I was aggravated, sometimes I even dozed off.  After I surrendered fully to The Lord everything changed.  Every time I read The Bible, I find some fire in it.  For example, 2 Corinthians 6:8 says, "We serve God whether people honor us or despise us, whether they slander us or praise us.  We are honest, but they call us impostors".  Man, that's hot!

     Scripture like that had little meaning to me when I was operating in my own power.  I couldn't even see or feel the power and strength Scripture gives.  When I decided to follow Christ with all of my heart and walk in obedience to The Word, I began to "see".  Going to Church after seriously deciding to follow Christ was a new experience.  I look forward to attending and I enjoy being there.  I remember the first few times going I had some skepticism, wondering if I was going to get anything from being there.  Do you know that every time I attend Church now, I get inspiration and strength from The Word.  See, now I know how to find it.  I tell you that I don't find these gifts in the same place each time.  Most of the time I do get strength and inspiration from the pastors message but other times I may get it from another Christian at the service or it may happen through the worship part of service or it may even happen through my prayers while I'm there.  No matter which way it happens, it happens!  Every time!  That's awesome.  That's why I look forward to going now, because I know feeling The Holy Spirit and receiving His gifts are guaranteed.  It always has been, I just didn't know what to look for or how to receive the blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment