Me and My Boys

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ignorance IS bliss!

     I recently wrote a paper about American morality and man was it a bummer.  The articles I read in my research were bleak and depressing.  I was physically ill after reading several articles about the education system, eugenics(controlled human breeding), American policy in other countries, war, same-sex unions, violence and sex in video games, movies, music and television.  The list goes on and it was all I could do from vomiting all over the place.

     I consider myself ignorant on many things including world affairs.  I've never felt a need to concern myself with politics and I take the unfortunate standpoint of being ineffective because I'm only one person.  Sometimes I argue with myself and try to inspire myself to be an activist and get involved with causes that are dear to me but then I read or hear something so overwhelmingly devastating that I go back to my ignorant state and stay hidden from the evil of this world.  Even now as I write this, I know I can make a difference if I try but I'd rather not face the opposition.  I also know this is what the opposition is hoping for and planning on.

    After reading those articles and pondering the weight of those essays and what I have witnessed, I believe something has been opened up in my heart.  It's been days since I exposed myself to that information yet today I still feel the pain and distress I felt when I first read it.  I'm disgusted with the wickedness of this world and America in particular and it's my time for action!   

No comments:

Post a Comment