Me and My Boys

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Journal #16 Is it o.k. to break rules?

     Rules, rules, rules, and more rules.  There's so many rules that I couldn't keep up with all of them if I wanted to.  Did you know that, in Phoenix, you have to walk on a sidewalk where a sidewalk is provided?  I found that rule out after an undercover gang task force unit went out of it's way to give me a citation for walking two feet off of the sidewalk.  That cost me $140 dollars, but how much did it cost the taxpayer? Hmmm.

     Anyways, in general, I recognize only a few rules, starting off with the Commandments, then, some state and federal laws, only because I'm on probation, and finally my own personal rules.  Breaking any of those rules has dire consequences from eternal damnation to incarceration to disappointment, depression or worse.

     The good news is I haven't broke any rules in quite a long time.  Following Christ has taken me to a whole new level where I'm not easily tempted to break rules.  Following in obedience to The Word has paid off in dividends in every aspect of my life.  I haven't been incarcerated in months, my stress level is non-existent and in general, I'm at peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment