Me and My Boys

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kickin' addiction

     Man, if you've ever struggled with an addiction of any kind, you know how hard it is to give it up.  The task seems impossible, and sometimes it seems like it will never go away, but I tell you that you can overcome whatever addiction has you in bondage.  All you have to do is give it to Jesus Christ.  It's that simple.

     I can hear mumblin' and grumblin' out there but if you want to overcome your addictions, permanently, you have to give them to Christ.  You have to choose Jesus, which in essence is choosing life.  I can't see how that's a problem for some of you out there.  You've been choosing to do the things that please your flesh and all that's gotten you was temporary pleasure and agonizing pain and misery.  Being addicted to anything sucks because it takes away your will.  I don't know about you, but I didn't enjoy losing control of my life to drugs.  I lost a lot of things because I let drugs become my god.  How much more do YOU have to lose before you take your life back?


      Anyways, check out my latest installment in my Recovery in Jesus series on You Tube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIzMTjvW_1s  I'm offering encouragement to those of you out there who are struggling with the bondage of addiction.  I've been thru the fire and I can help you get thru it too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment