Me and My Boys

Monday, January 24, 2011

Manpons

     This may sound strange but for some reason I've been irritable lately, especially with my wife.  I don't know what it is but for some reason she can't seem to do anything right in my eyes and it's causing problems.  When I get like this my wife likes to say I'm crabby or it's that time of the month for me. 

     Seriously though, if you've ever been in any kind of long term relationship with anybody, you know that after awhile you have expectations.  Theoretically you should be able to anticipate your significant other on most issues.  That's what communication is about.  It allows you to know what another person is thinking, doing or feeling.  I would think after ten years you would know what pleases and upsets someone you're close too.  And if you don't, what does that mean?  Does it mean you'll never know?  Or don't care to know?  Those are tough questions.  Do you wait around another ten years and hope your significant other catches on?  Or do you cut your losses, call it quits and find someone more compatible?  All good questions.  No easy answers.

     Personally, I'm praying that in the next ten years my wife and I will be on a level where we don't have to tell each other what we want or need and that we can anticipate each other without even speaking(or at least without her speaking so much lol.)  Wishful thinking but after twenty years together if we don't know each other by then, I'm gonna have my ear drums removed and enjoy the silence!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment