Me and My Boys

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I love the Lord!

Whew!  I love the Lord Jesus Christ.  I love The Word, I love The Father and I love the Holy Spirit.  I just left church and I feel good.  I believe you should always feel better when you leave church than when you arrived.  Personally, I need church because it's like a filling station for me.  I fill up with the Holy Spirit, with The Father and The Son which gives me strength to be able to get through the following days.  I pray everyday and thank The Father everyday and study some Scripture everyday(almost) and that also gives me strength.  But hearing The Word "live" and being in fellowship with others, there's no substitute.  For me it's a renewal of Faith and Hope and Love and helps me to focus on my Christianity.  I can't get enough!

Well, I'm on day two of my diet and let me tell you something, diets suck!  I realize that if I liked the diet system then I'm probably not on a diet that's going to be effective.  If you ever want to make changes in your life, more than likely you're going to have to do some things that will take you out of your comfort zone.  No pain, no gain!  However, I don't care how I rationalize this thing, it still sucks!  I was hungry yesterday.  For the whole day I ate three pieces of Talapia, two servings of rice, three salads, and several spoonfuls of beans.  That may sound like a lot to some of you but for me that's ONE meal.  I didn't get this girlish figure(all 230 lbs.) by eating rabbit food and nobody told my appetite that we were dieting.  My appetite, which resides in my stomach, keeps texting my brain that there's a shortage of supplies and that if it's not taken care of soon there will be consequences and repercussions to deal with.  I can't reason with this dude.  He won't shut up.  Finally, I decided to just shut the whole factory down and go to sleep which helped a little bit.  Today, I'm fasting and I expect all types of resistance.  I don't know what it is about fasting(yes I do) but I swear food looks bigger and better when you're trying to avoid eating it.  My wife just came into the room with a sandwich bigger than her head.  She doesn't know I'm fasting and I swear she eats like a sick sparrow but of course today she's eating like she's trying out for the Cardinals.  It's only 1:30 so I have awhile before I can close up shop so until then there will be a lot of praying and gnashing of teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment