Me and My Boys

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Journal #6

     If I could have a conversation with anyone about anything who would I choose?  Man, that's tough because I can think of alot of people I would like to talk to about alot of things.  I'm going to have to narrow this list down to conversations that would be beneficial.  I would love to talk to baseball great Barry Bonds and find out how he deals with pressure and adversity.  I would love to ask Michael Vick what he was thinking when he decided that he was going to act like he was still livin' in the hood and runnin' the streets and illegally gambling and fighting dogs.  I would love to ask Nate Newton why, after he was arrested with over four hundred pounds of marijuana, he was arrested again with over six hundred pounds of marijuana six months later.  All of this while playing professional football.

     I would really love to talk to the great Dr. Martin Luther King jr. and ask him what he thinks of the progression we have made as a people in this society and what he believes we could do to make things better.

     My greatest conversations currently are with Jesus Christ.  I talk to him daily and I'm thankful that he's there for me, listens to me, calms me and cares for me.  I couldn't get more from anyone else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment