Me and My Boys

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

In the Flesh

     Do you wanna know what sucks about living in The Flesh?  Everything!  I can't find one redeeming quality about living in my flesh.  I'm serious.  When I live in The Flesh everything foul is possible.  My flesh is selfish, greedy, deceitful, conniving, manipulative and just all around foul.  There's no getting around those facts.  When I look at a woman with lust, that's my flesh.  When I'm envious of others wealth, that's my flesh.  When I can conceive wicked plans to get ahead, that's my flesh.  When I have a feeling of entitlement, that's my flesh.  When I don't appreciate the things I have and not grateful for them, that's my flesh. 
     It's a daily battle but not one that I can't win.  Everyday my flesh wants to do some bullsh*t like use foul language, listen to foul music, look at every passing female with lust or take a lackadaisical approach to the day at hand.  Submitting to any of those gives Satan an opening into my life which I cannot afford.
     The good news is.....The Good News!!!  I tell you that I start my day off with some scripture, usually hearing it from Pastor Murray.  Shortly thereafter I thank The Father for another day and for the previous day, ask for forgiveness for any shortcomings, ask for strength to get through the day and specify anything that may be on my mind.  After that, I try to read some scripture.  Most of the time I'm successful but sometimes I'm not.  Then I go about my day.  My days are really blessed.  I'm able to do  things that alot of people can't.  I get to enjoy the day fully, my children, my wife and friends from school.  I want to live a pleasing life to God and be a service to others.  That's all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment