Me and My Boys

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Decisions and Consequences

     I love The Lord and I realize why He wants us to follow his Word and be obedient to it.  The consequences to not being obedient to The Word only hurt us and that's not Jesus's intention.  The Father would rather us live in blessings and happiness than sorrow and misery.
     Why do I bring this up?  Because I made a bad choice yesterday and today I am filled with remorse and regret and a general feeling of sadness.  It's not the end of the world but right now I don't feel good about myself and I may have caused myself some unnecessary  hardships in the upcoming weeks.
     Truthfully, I relapsed yesterday after having over five months of sobriety, the longest time I've had in over twenty three years.  The worse part is, or maybe it could be the opposite, I didn't enjoy it and I didn't enjoy being around the people I was with.  Not only that, I realized that nothing has changed in that lifestyle and that I'm not missing anything that has to do with that lifestyle.  I am really sorry.
      I am making a positive situation out of the negative.  This relapse has strengthened my resolve to regain and retain sobriety.  I'm not giving up nor feeling sorry.  Joel Olsteen just pointed out that I can use this situation to sharpen myself or as he put it "iron sharpens iron".  I do believe I will be stronger coming out of this.  I wrote this for those of you who may be suffering from an addiction or something else to show you that you're not alone and that you can immediately move forward instead of staying stagnant and wallowing in self-pity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment