Me and My Boys

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First things First

I love The Father and The Son Jesus Christ.  I was listening to Paula White on the Church Channel and she was talking about giving the Father the first of everything you have.  She said, "the first minutes of your day, your first thoughts, your first actions and the list went on.  What an awesome concept.  I do wake up in the morning and thank The Father for this day and I pray and talk to The Lord.  I tell you that since I made this a practice, my days have been peaceful.  I still have some strife occasionally but I'm able to handle it with grace and dignity and that's not by my doing that's all from The Father.  Ever since I started praying and thanking The Father first thing in my waking hours(which I started doing approximately 5 months ago) my life has changed significantly.  I currently have 5 months(143 days) of sobriety from a 23 year addiction.  That's big.  I couldn't stop that behavior on my own.  I tried.  It didn't work when I was doing it on my own.  I'm currently in my second term of college working toward my first Bachelor of Arts in Film and Video.  My wife and I still have some issues but nothing like they were previously.  My creative mind is working again and all of this is because of Jesus Christ in my life.  Even as I write this I'm having a temptation issue but I've been praying on it and asking Jesus to intercede on my behalf to help me get past this thing because I don't trust myself.  I'm not going to worry about it anymore.  As a saying goes, "if you're worrying you're not praying and if you're praying you're not worrying"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment