Me and My Boys

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

No ordinary life!

     I feel good.  Life is good, and that's by my choice.  You all know I love The Father and The Son, Jesus Christ and I don't have a problem proclaiming that freely and openly.  I can't say enough about the good things, created by God, that happen to me, around me or for me.  I love hearing The Word and it's no secret that I'm partial to hearing it from Andrew Wommack.  This man has excellent testimony and relates so well that he easily captivates any audience he's speaking to.  That's big.  He can go from North Carolina to Oakland, CA and not miss a step.  That's a gift from God to be able to communicate and relate to anyone you talk to.  Sometimes I have trouble relating to my relatives and these are people who I share DNA with.

     I've been born-again since July 27th, 1997 and I tell you this because it's testimony to my love for Jesus Christ today April 19th, 2011.  It's been 14 years and my passion for Christ is hotter today than it ever was.  I still wonder in amazement at why it took me so long to find Christ and realize I don't want to live life without Him.  I'm serious.  I went through a long period of time doing things the way wanted to.  I ran through relationships with women, fake friends, murderers, liars, cheaters.  I thought I was the gift and my ish didn't stink.  Man I was on some bulls#!t.

     I'm thankful I was able to "see the light" before I destroyed my life any further and now I really enjoy the inspiration I have from knowing Jesus and hearing and studying the Word everyday.  Andrew Wommack, Ron Carpenter, and Creflo Dollar are among some Pastors that consistently point out that the life of a Christian shouldn't resemble that of a non-believer.  I love that.  Without trying, my life doesn't resemble anything like that of a non-believer and I'm happy about that.  I don't elevate myself above anyone but I realize I have something a lot of people don't.  Peace and the Grace of God amen!  Sometimes I walk around with so much unbridled power, I can't do anything but to be as humble as possible because I'm afraid I'm going to hurt someone.  That probably sounds strange but I'm telling you, most of the time that I interact with others, it's at 30% of my capability because I'm cautious about the things I say and do.  I choose my words carefully and hold back on things I think are harmful to others.  I often let trespasses against me slide but I'm human and have feelings too.  Sometimes I want to grab people and choke the life out of them but in those moments I can feel Jesus' hand on me calming my spirit.  See what I'm saying.  Without Jesus a lot of people would be hurting more so than they are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment