Me and My Boys

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Father is Awesome!(as usual)

     As I went to church yesterday I had intentions on going down to the alter at the end of services and receive group prayer for my oldest son for whom I want God to intercede into his life.  I must say that this is a big deal for me as I'm not really big on asking others for anything including prayer.  That may sound odd as I'm Christian and we're to fellowship anyways.  I never said I was perfect or devout, as a matter of fact, until recently, I use to announce that I was "new" in my faith and still learning.  I'm still learning and receiving God's Word and I know this will be a life process but I don't consider myself a beginner any longer.

      Anyways, as my wife and I were in song worship, guess who comes out of nowhere, my son.  I was pleasantly surprised to see him as he didn't announce his plans to attend.  As a matter of fact, I hadn't even seen him since the day previous so his arrival was unexpected but welcome.  We talked briefly and he told me coming to church was a last minute idea and that he had come with some of his football teammates.  That's awesome.  I thanked The Father quietly and enjoyed the services.


      I had already been praying for my son.  He's the oldest(20) of my boys and he's from my first marriage.  I have two other children from my first wife and I believe, of the three, he's taken to the divorce the hardest.  He has issues with his mother, and in general, he's angry, which manifests itself in violence towards others.  He loves to fight.  Anyone.  As his father, I worry about his safety and his mental and spiritual health.  I love my son as I do all of my children.  I think most parents want the best for their kids and I can say as a father, I always want to do better for my children.  I know I can improve and I strive to do so.

      So, when my son showed up at church, I rejoiced outwardly and inwardly.  I even told him about my plan to go to the alter after services and pray on his behalf with others.  He was thankful of my considerations for him and asked me if I was still going down there which I replied, "no, you're already here, my prayer has been answered!".

No comments:

Post a Comment