Me and My Boys

Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Day of the year

     My birthday was yesterday and the day was great.  I opted to stay home instead of going to class and spend the day the way I wanted to, which consisted of me beating the brakes off of my wife in dominoes, then having dinner at my favorite barbecue joint, Honey Bears in Phoenix off of Central, and then attending a church service at a Potters House of which I've never been to before.
     Honey Bears is "off the hook" for lack of better words.  I'm not sure, but I believe there's something addictive about their sauce because I couldn't stop eating those smoky, tender, juicy ribs.  It was like I was outside of my body watching myself consume those ribs with frightening determination and agility.  If my kids would've got any sauce on their fingers I may have bit them off, that's how good the sauce and the ribs were.

     Anyways, I left there unsatisfied but better for the experience and headed to a church a fellow classmate of mine invited me to.  You all know I love The Father and The Son, Jesus Christ so when my friend invited me, two days prior, I knew I was going to attend, even though the church is located way across town and I utilize public transportation.  I am glad I attended as Pastor TJ Horta was on fire.
     His particular sermon was on tithing(don't roll your eyes, I can see you) and it was good.  His point was that we are to give back to God what is already His and to do it "joyfully" without grudge or having to be at gun point.  I will be the first to admit that I am not the greatest of tithers but The Father is working with me on that issue and I believe we are making progress.  The experience was great and I'm happy I attended church on my birthday.  I've been to parties on my birthday, even jail on a couple of occasions, so I couldn't see why I shouldn't be in a place of worship to the Creator on the day I was created.  It was a no-brainer.
     So my day ended with a smile on my face and The Word in my heart and mind.  What more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment