Me and My Boys

Friday, April 22, 2011

Garyology 101

     If you are a conscious individual, you are always learning, always evolving.  Right when I reach some plateau in my life, I learn something new about myself and go through a process of renewal and new beginnings.

     That's where I'm at today.  This past week has been interesting.  I've had a few bumps, which is normal, however, I haven't experienced many as of late.  So when some issues popped up, they took me for an emotional roller coaster ride.

     I'm kind of mad at myself, because I like to think that I handle most situations well, but after reviewing my reactions to the situations presented to me, I was disappointed.  I know better than to respond immediately when dealing with a confrontation yet that's exactly what I did and I'm regretful.  In one situation, that occurred this week, I feel as though I compromised my beliefs by offering an apology to appease someone I hurt with my opinion.  I truly am sorry that the person was hurt, but I am not sorry for my opinion.  I understand that everyone has their own beliefs and viewpoints.  I don't elevate mine above any ones, nor should I have to crease.

     I'm still happy and thankful to The Father and The Son, Jesus Christ.  I don't apologize for loving God and believing and following what He says.  I know I'm going to encounter more and more resistance to The Word because there are millions of people who don't subscribe to the same beliefs as I do.  That's okay.  I still love my brothers and sisters.  It's not my place to judge anyone and The Bible tells us this.

     So, I move forward with lessons learned and more to study for!       

No comments:

Post a Comment