Me and My Boys

Monday, April 4, 2011

Childhood blues

     My four year-old came home today with some new friends, head lice.  Fun, fun, fun.  I don't know if you've ever dealt with head lice, but they're loads of fun to get rid of.  They require a rigorous treatment of chemicals and tiny combs to get rid of the little pests, and even then that's no guarantee they're gone as they are as resilient as any unwelcome guest ever could be.  When my wife told me about the problem, over the phone, I instantly knew what my plan of attack would be.  Chop it all off.  I'm not going through this episode again.  My daughter came down with lice years earlier and that was a nightmare.  We went through four treatments before we finally got rid of those little b@$#@&!$ and after that I vowed if any of my children came down with lice, I was chopping off their hair.  Fast forward eight years and my son is now bald as I am because I refuse to fight with inhospitable blood suckers, not including my wife.

      Anyways, now that I've got that out of the way I can focus my attention on pleasant things like my anger management classes.  Man, those classes are a godsend.  Who ever knew I had some problems managing anger, but as these classes progress I continue to learn that I have issues I previously thought were part of the marriage package.  Who knew?  I thought it was normal to want to smother your significant other with a pillow when they were asleep because they refused to see things your way.  Just kidding.  Relax.  If you're married and don't have a sense of humor, you've got a long, dark road ahead of you.  Lighten up!

     My days are good.  Sometimes I joke around with serious issues but that's only because I'm not a serious person.  I'm thankful The Father has blessed me with His grace and love otherwise I would be walking around all sour and grumpy like some folks I see around me.  I'd rather be goofy but happy than proper and miserable.

     I completed my fourth installment in my Recovery in Jesus series and I'll soon be starting my next series entitled The Bridge to recovery.  I'll be bringing some of my Christian brothers and sisters to talk about recovery and how to succeed.  Look for that and my In The Addict series in the next few days!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEayU5CsTjQ

No comments:

Post a Comment