Me and My Boys

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Who taught you to love? Journal #12

     The question that immediately popped into my mind was, "Can love be taught?".  I don't know the answer to either one of those questions.  I can't imagine not knowing how to love.  I believe love is instinctive, reflexive and infinitely interpretative.

     Love cannot be defined simply.  Honestly I'm having trouble with this journal because love is indescribable.  I guess I can say that as I was younger I witnessed many forms of love from many people.  My parents, teachers, family, friends, neighbors, strangers all are contributors to the love I've seen.  I still have awe from the fact that God loves us so much that He gave His Son as sacrifice for my sins before I was even created.  Now that's love.  I know I would easily sacrifice my life for my children, but for perfect strangers, I don't think I would volunteer as easily.  And since I'm on the subject of God's love, I believe He gave us the ability to love, as He did the ability to discern right from wrong.  His greatest commandment is to love one another and He wouldn't have told us this if we weren't capable of doing it or had to be taught how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment