Me and My Boys

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Phoenix frozen over!

     Brrrrr!  It's 36 degrees in Phoenix.  You know it's cold when you have to wear a coat in one of the hottest places on the planet.  I'm not complaining though, because nearly a million Americans are without power in below freezing temperatures across the country and even more are homeless so this minor inconvenience in weather is nothing to get in a funk over.  I actually prefer cold weather to hot because I can get more accomplished.  For example, when running errands in cold weather, I move quickly to get out of the cold as soon as possible.  I can make it to the corner store and back within ten minutes on a cold day.  However, if it's over 100 degrees, that same trip will take nearly twice as long as the sun drains my energy, hydration and will.  When it's extremely hot I put off doing alot of things until the sun goes down and by then my window of time has shrunk significantly and my day is nearly wasted.  Not to mention that the heat and sun turn me blacker than outer space.  Seriously, I've turned three shades darker since moving to Phoenix.  I went home awhile back and my friends commented that I looked like I had been vacationing in Nigeria because I was so dark.  My homie said that when I stepped off of the plane the street lights came on.  Damn, that's dark.

     On to other matters.  I love the Lord Jesus Christ.  I cannot profess that enough.  The Father is so wonderful that I am often in disbelief at how much He loves me regardless of my shortcomings.  Everyday is a testimony for me and I'm glad that I realize that.  Before I asked the Father to come and direct my life, I took for granted all the things that were happening in my life.  Thankfully, I was awakened and able to see the wonderful things The Lord has provided for me and The Blessings are continuous.

     As a Christian I'm happy to speak about Jesus and the things He's done in my life and those around me.  I've many stories to share about the wonderful things He's done and I will share them here and other places.  I would encourage all of my brothers and sisters in Christ to share their experiences with others as testimony to the good works The Father does for all of us.  There is no shame in sharing love and we should easily be able to confess our love for The Lord. 

     Personally, I love to hear other peoples stories.  A gentleman in one of my classes was telling me that he was required to do 60 hours community service for a court sanction he had received.  He went to a nearby church and did approximately 20 hours and the church staff was so thankful that they credited him the entire 60 hours.  See how wonderful The Father is.  He blessed this man with more than he had asked for.  That's how The Father gets down.  He always gives you what you need and more.  I love The Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment