Me and My Boys

Friday, February 11, 2011

Can you see God?

     One of the most common misconceptions amongst non-believers and believers is that God is either non-existent or invisible but I am here to show you how you can see God.  It is simple once you know what you are looking for.  If you're looking for an elderly man with long flowing hair wearing a toga and sandals you may not see him.  If you're looking for a man with lightning bolts laying on a cloud, you may not see him.  If you're waiting to see oceans part and mountains move, you may not see him.  However, if you look closely at your life and analyze the things that are happening in your life, you will see him.

     Everyday we have the opportunity to see God and His works in our life.  I will tell you that from my own experiences I was blind to God for a long time and it wasn't because He was hiding from me rather than me not seeing Him.  I went through life mistakenly thinking that I was creating my existence.  I really believed I was the one responsible for all of the things that were going on in my life.  That was pretty egotistical on my part to believe that I was the man, that I was creating life, revenue, happiness, pleasure or pain or anything that I wanted.  Even now that sounds ridiculous.  Thankfully, The Father showed me the error of my ways and, in retrospect, He did it gently.  I lost some things that I thought were important like money and cars and houses and businesses.  I lost a marriage, lost people who I thought were friends, I lost my self-respect, I even lost my mind for a considerable period of time.  But through all of that I made it.  I didn't kill myself even though I tried to.  So where was God in that equation?  Everywhere!  As He always is, always was, always will be!

     There are too many factors working in my life for me to believe there is no God.  Too many things that cannot be explained other than by Divine Intervention.  My wife and I have been unemployed since 2008 yet we have maintained our apartment.  We get help from a lot of sources but why?  There are a lot of people in similar situations that aren't getting the same help.  There's a lot of people that are financially stable yet spiritually poor, unhappy and unfulfilled.  I see God everyday when I wake up and see my family sleeping peacefully in their beds.  I see God when I leave my apartment and realize I get another day to live.  I see god when I look at the sky and the scenery as I walk to the bus stop.  I see God when I face the judge in the court system and I'm able to handle everything that is handed to me.  I see God when I see my parents and how forgiving they are after everything I've put them through.

     God is everywhere I just didn't see Him before because I was only seeing myself.  Take a look outside of yourself.  Take a look at yourself.  It may not be the easiest thing to do but once you can see beyond yourself you will see God!

No comments:

Post a Comment