Me and My Boys

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Journal #9 No regrets

     If I make it to ninety-five years of age will I have many regrets over my life?  I don't believe so.  I'm currently forty one, have five beautiful children and I am working toward my first degree in college.  Some of the dreams I had when I was younger are still attainable and the goals I have for the future are reachable.  I don't look at life in a way where I see things passing me by.  If I set a goal and don't achieve it I don't sulk about it I just set another one or continue to pursue it.  For example, it's been a dream of mine to open up a sports bar type establishment aimed at teenagers, kind of like "Arnolds" on the t.v. show Happy Days.  I believe I will see this open up before I die.  If not, it was meant to happen.

     I'm able to put things in this particular perspective because I operate in God's time, not mine.  When I look at it like that, I don't worry about meeting a deadline.  All events occur when they're supposed to which frees me up from worries or regrets.  When I use to operate in "my time" things were hectic.  I often worked overtime spending very little time with my family.  Then I started partying very hard and ignoring life.  Both of those examples are extremes but the results were the same when I operated in "my time", chaos and sadness.  When I surrendered my life to The Lord everything in my life became easier because I am at peace with the flow of time and events.

     Now, before I start any project, I ask The Father for permission and insight and His Blessings.  Knowing that God is with me as I go through life makes facing challenges easier and therefore I have no regrets because I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment