Me and My Boys

Friday, February 4, 2011

Self Image

     How do you view yourself?  Are you more concerned with how you view yourself or how others view you?  I thought that was a simple question for me.  I was gonna blurt out I'm more concerned with how I view myself but when I stopped to think about it there was hesitation.  As much as I don't want to admit it, I do crave approval from others even if I act like I don't.

     Why do I feel this way?  On any given day I would tell you that I could care less what anyone thinks about me yet in my heart that's not true.  I chalk it up to my flesh versus my spirit.  My flesh wants to act like it's the greatest thing since sliced cheese and would dare anyone to be in opposition to it (even me)!  My spirit on the other hand is the direct opposite.  My spirit will put others before me, is kind, considerate and polite.  My spirit has a special gift of being uplifting to others.

     I can show you the disparity between my spirit and my flesh.  Look at the pictures of me on this blog.  Now match up the words that I speak in this blog with my picture.  They don't match.  My pictures portray a man that looks like he'd be quick to do foul yet my spirit is the opposite of that.  I could've posted some pictures with a suit and tie on but instead I choose to pose in my "hood" attire.  My flesh is gangster, my spirit is compassionate.

     Anyway you chop it up, how you see yourself will manifest outwardly.  I've learned to accept myself for the good and the bad because both of those sides make the total.  Though I live in the spirit and The spirit lives in me, my flesh had a contribution to the overall making of the man that is I today.  Today I look at myself as a good man who loves The Father and will easily help my brother.  Nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment