Me and My Boys

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What's the difference between wants and needs? Journal #10

     Being Christian helps with my perspective on wants and needs.  I use to have alot of wants that weren't in line with Holy Spirit and before I realized that I was often disappointed because I wasn't getting what I wanted.  When I look back I really didn't know what I wanted.  I thought I did but I didn't.  I was caught up in a very materialistic world and I put value on things that were of no spiritual value.  I wanted the "bling-bling" in watches and rings and jewelry.  I wanted the "old school" ride with 26" chrome rims.  I wanted every woman that ever walked past me.  I wanted more dope than "Scarface".
     Thankfully, The Father was kind enough and merciful enough not to give me those things because they surely would have meant my destruction.  I didn't look at it that way at the time but the reality was I was selfish and immature.  It took awhile to see and appreciate all of the things I already had and that my needs were being met abundantly.
     My wife and I have been unemployed for nearly three years yet we have maintained our apartment and food and clothing for our children during this time.  I give all the praise and glory to The Father for that because there is no other explanation other than The Father taking care of our needs.  I am very blessed.
     Today the things that I want are no longer centered around myself but rather for others which in turn is more rewarding.  The things that I need The Father is continually giving me and sometimes without my even asking.  I love The Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment