Me and My Boys

Friday, February 25, 2011

Walking in Faith

     Walking in Faith requires you to let go of things you previously believed in, before you were saved.  I tell you that being a Christian is no easy task yet the benefits are incalculable.  I can hear people mumblin' and grumblin' about things they may have to give up in order to follow Christ, but I don't hear much about how fun it's gonna be in Hell.

     Anyways, I was watching Andrew Wommack, on my laptop, and he was talkin' about walking and seeing in the Faith instead of in the natural.  After listening to him, I concluded that I would ask The Father to allow me to "walk" in Faith and let me see, through The Holy Spirit.  I believe we have the ability to do this, we just don't exercise it.  I believe I've already been doing this to a limited extent.  I can think of many situations where I operated in such a way that I couldn't explain my actions rationally and yet my decisions turned out positive and beneficial.  I remember several times when I turned down sexual advances that I would have otherwise jumped at immediately.  My flesh was all for the liaisons, yet my spirit was not and I followed my spirit.  I recall a couple more situations that were similar but my flesh was trying to overpower me.  I prayed hard for The Lord to get me through those situations, and He did.  I could see the unclean spirits on those women look at me with contempt and disbelief that I was resisting my flesh and reaching to The Father for help.

     When I decided to "get off the fence" and quit being lukewarm for The Lord, I was able to see a lot more.  Man, I started seeing clearly how foul my flesh is.  I began to see the subtle and blatant attacks Satan uses against me.  I  began to see, hear, and feel the gentle guidance the Lord was giving me.  I know Jesus has always been there for me, but I wasn't able to respond to Him while I was following my flesh.  Quite honestly I wasn't tryin' to hear Him while I was living in me.  I was too busy doing the things that pleased my flesh, which was unGodly at best.  But even through all of the foul and corrupt things I was doing, The Father was with me and in me and here's how I know.  There were times when I would be around people, or in places where I could feel supernatural things around me.  I could sense unclean spirits in my immediate vicinity, even though I couldn't see them.  This is not something that you can do naturally, however we all have this ability to some degree and I've noticed that when I operate in The Holy Spirit, my discernment abilities are different.

     I can say this with certainty, when I allow the Holy Spirit to work in me and when I stay close to The Father and The Son, Satan flees me.  Walking in Faith gives you many strengths and gifts, but it takes sacrifice(that is well worth it) on your part!

No comments:

Post a Comment