Me and My Boys

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Woe Is Me! Someone Called Me A Name!

Sigh...How long will it take you people to grow and mature?  I've only got 74 more years with you, so time is of the essence.

Let's get started.  Recently some young girls took a picture at school that had a racial slur printed on their shirts.  Their shirts spelled out "NI**ER"  and because of it they are going to be disciplined.  They say they did it because they wanted to "spark dialogue" about the word nigger and it's use.  Well, they certainly sparked something, more like ignited an already explosive situation but that's neither here nor there.

When are people going be comfortable with themselves?  When are they going to grow outside of the small frame of their skull and free their mind from meaningless drivel?  It's a hard and sad life to live when you are hindered by self-imposed limitations especially like those as childish as name calling.

I don't know about you but I pride myself on the ability of not being able to be defined by others.  How would I feel if I let every Tom, Dick and Barry have a piece of my peace?  Do you know what my name is?  Then call me by it.  Any other name has no power UNLESS I GIVE IT POWER!  Come on people, this is kindergarten logic.  How can you be in a full-grown body and have a child's mind?  Sigh...I digress.  Let's try to expand our minds by first understanding that we control ourselves.  The power is ours, no one else!  That being said, if you're offended by names then essentially you are the name that has offended you!

1 comment: