Me and My Boys

Saturday, January 23, 2016

How Black Do I Have To Be To Be Black!


A lot of you probably don't realize how hard it is to be and stay Black, (just ask Michael Jackson or Sammy Sosa).  I never thought of it as being an issue until my Blackness was called into question.  And of all people to call my Blackness into question, would be other Black people, imagine that!  Isn't it bad enough that I endure constant adversity simply because of the color of my skin, and now I have to be questioned, ridiculed, chastised and mocked by people of the same race?

I swear, ignorance is a killer, but unfortunately it's a slow killer as witnessed by the many ignorant people that walk this earth.  I mean, how ignorant is it to be divisive amongst your own race?  How can one win the battle against racism when racism is interwoven in the minds of the very people that suffer from it?  Seems nearly impossible and one can definitely see a supernatural influence on these events.

Anyways, I have been called, coon, uncle tom, show monkey(lol), house nigger and the list goes on, all by, wait for it... other Black people.  Crazy.  I never respond negatively to these comments because, as I stated previously, names don't move me.  Call me what you want, just don't call me late for dinner.

It's interesting that sometimes I feel compelled to try and appease my doubters and do what they would consider "black" actions.  However, before I do that, I always remember that I don't give a f*ck what these dumb muthafatha's think and therefore all I have to do is stay Black and die!

What's crazier than Black people hating on other Black people?  Non-Black people emulating Black people.  Man, if there was only one thing I could advocate to people, it would be, "be yourself!"  I have way more respect for the man that is his own man than the dude who is trying to be "like Mike!"  Be proud of who you are, Black, white, red, brown or yellow, most of us bleed red!  To my Black doubters:  If you question my blackness, just ask the police, they'll tell you who and what I am!

1 comment: