Me and My Boys

Friday, January 22, 2016

I'm Stupid!

      It's official, I'm stupid.  Now for all of you positive, "don't talk bad about yourself" people, calm down.  It's o.k. to critique yourself, honestly.  Actually, it's necessary in order to continue to grow and better oneself, so just hear my logic on this one and you'll soon understand where I'm coming from.

    I just came to this slow realization of my stupidity a couple of days ago.  You know, it's very common that stupid people don't know they are stupid and I am no exception obviously.  Ever since I can remember, I've prided myself on my intelligence, so it was a sad surprise to discover my stupidity but it's been enlightening.

     So what caused my epiphany was some comments made to me by a person close to me.  The comments themselves weren't anything spectacular but it was the realization of how this person feels about me that awoke me from my slumber in grandiose.  To my face, but under their breath, this person called me a dumbass, twice, and then later in the same day this person said they would be embarrassed to put me on speakerphone if they were at work.  Again, these statements in themselves really aren't a big deal, UNTIL you put them into context, which in this case the context is, this person and I have known each other for well over a decade and I thought this person respected me as I do them.  This obviously isn't the case and the really really sad part about this is, I've known this for probably as many years as we've known each other.  I guess I wanted to believe this person didn't really think of me as a piece of shit, but I've finally realized from all these years and all the negative stuff this person has said about me to others and to my face, this person has no respect for me.  And that's how I discovered I was stupid.

     There's a saying I like that goes:  When people die, they don't know they are dead but it affects the people around them, the same goes for stupid people.  Stupid people rarely know they are stupid and this is what separates me from the rest of the stupid people.  I realize I am stupid and because of that, I can kill my stupidity with the birth of my newly found knowledge!  KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!

     "Apparently you actually have to have a little intelligence to know you're stupid. I, for one, am smart enough to know how dumb I am, and I'm okay with that. I'm still smarter than all my friends." ~ John Cleese



   

1 comment: