Me and My Boys

Friday, July 1, 2011

Probation is winding down

Commissioner Bodow
     I went to court today and it went well.  I was in front of a new Commissioner, Commissioner Bodow and she was interesting.  She was very personable, almost fun to be around.  She was no pushover however and more than a few people found that out today.  She was handing out days in jail like Halloween candy.  Fortunately for me, she liked my progress and the fact that I haven't had any serious violations since August 2010.  She lightened my sentence a bit so now I don't have to test for alcohol anymore.  That's a relief for me because I was testing for drugs and alcohol almost every day of the week and it was a bit of a hassle making that trip across town.

     Anyways, I'm happy with my probation overall and in six months I will be done with it forever.  I've grown quite a bit.  I've recovered from a twenty-three year addiction.  I've strengthened my faith and my walk with God.  I'm in my sophomore year of college.  My family is strong and healthy.  What more can I ask for?  I'm thankful to Jesus for getting my attention and showing me a better way to live my life.  Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment