Me and My Boys

Friday, July 29, 2011

Computer blues, court dues and family views-nothing a good Christian can't handle!

Me before my Mac got mad!
     What a week, what a week.  Once again I've discovered new things about myself and I am thankful to know and love God.  I tell you, I really understand how non-believers get flustered so easily when things don't go their way.  I was near that point this week as my laptop had an issue and I found out how "attached" I am to this thing.

     First, I received the new operating system, Mac Lion, from a classmate.  When he showed me some of the cool things the new system did and told me it wasn't available to the public yet, I couldn't resist accepting it.  My flesh loves getting new stuff and being the first to have something.  I installed it as soon as I got it and was happy with it until I tried to use my AVID editing software.  As soon as I started it, my computer froze.  I didn't think anything of it, shut it down and restarted it.  It did it again however and I realized there was a problem.  I told my classmate who gave me the OS what happened and that I heard Lion isn't compatible with some software.  He apologized and attempted to restore my laptop to it's original settings but couldn't.  I then took my laptop to my campus tech support and left it with them for a day only to come back and find out they were clueless as to the problem and advised me to take my laptop to an Apple store.

Apple-Biltmore Fashion Plaza
     The Apple store is the most technologically advanced store I have ever been in.  There were Mac's everywhere.  Ipad's, Airbook's and Macbook Pro's on every table in the establishment.  The store was packed with all types of computer savvy customers and an equal amount of tech staff.  A tech approached me and asked if I had an appointment, which is required to get service for all devices, and I told him I did.  He looked up my name on what I presumed was an Ipad, confirmed my appointment, and told me someone would be with me shortly.  An hour later my computer was repaired and I was satisfied.  I can't speak highly enough about the staff at Apple and I would advise anyone with a Mac to go to their nearest Apple store for any issues.

Commissioner Bodow
     Next, is my monthly court appearance which was today.  Everything went well, as I haven't had any notable violations in nearly a year.  Commissioner Bodow did require I pay two hundred dollars per month or do twenty hours of community service before I see her again.  According to my math, that equals a total of twenty days of community service that I need to do from now until I expire off of probation in January.  I'm going to knock the majority of those days out during my two weeks off from college in August.

     Last, are my own personal trials with my wife.  She had an episode last week where she couldn't control the things that came out of her mouth and caused herself to have some issues with her mother, our neighbors, and me.  A whole lot of strife came out of that situation which could have been avoided had she the ability to control her tongue.

     During all of this I remained calm and at peace and that's because I love Jesus Christ and when these inconveniences arise I rely on Him to guide me through.  He has never failed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment