Me and My Boys

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Perception

Half Empty or Half Full?
     I believe perception is a determining factor of success or failure and it plays a major role in how we interact with others.  I was asked if I feel my rights are respected in this country and it made me think about how I perceive myself and others.

     I responded to that question with, "I don't feel as though my rights are an issue or that they are being disrespected or threatened by anyone!"  I continued with, "I don't have limitations and whatever I want to do in life and with my life I can do, whether it be working in a bank or for a major network or being a drug dealer, I can do whatever I want to do and be the best at it!"  See, my perception is, I am not limited by anything.  Not by another persons beliefs, fears or weaknesses.  Not by laws.  Not by rules. Not by race, age, education or financial barriers.  I am only limited by my lack of creativity, that simple.  The more creative I am the more limitless I become. But this all stems from perception.  If I perceive I have a problem, then I have a problem.  If I don't see a problem or I see the solution to the problem, then there is no problem.  Seeing solutions to problems is not a "cut and dry" science and this is where creativity comes into play.  The more creative you are, the more solutions you can come up with for ANY problem that may arise.  

     Often times, when I share this revelation with others, they are in disbelief because they have operated under limitations for most of their lives.  Because of this they have become "programmed" to respond to problems in a systematical way, more times than not, creating a negative outcome.  It's natural to respond a certain way when that's the only way you know.  It is unnatural to resist what comes naturally, yet this is what is necessary in order operate efficiently and at a premiumThe number one cause of failure is fear.  If you're afraid to fail, then you fail anyways.  If you are willing to use your creativity and do things you have never done you will succeed even if you fail.  Your success is in the fact that you overcame fear, utilized creativity, and sought a solution.  Once you overcome fear, creativity becomes like an addiction or obsession because you will want to seek out solutions from every possible source all of the time.  You will no longer see limitations because you know anything is possible.  This will become your perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment